Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Been a while

So things that have happened.  Audrey and I hightailed to Weimar for the weekend and that was an adventure in itself.  The train there wasn't bad at all. Lots of empty seats and the fact that the train wasn't air conditioned didn't matter.  It wasn't THAT warm.  Stayed at a hostel, Jungendherrberg if you're in the know, and that was a fun story.  I felt like we were Mary and Joseph.  By that I mean everything full in the city, and as far as I know Audrey wasn't preggers with the new baby Jesus.  Well the Hostel that we ended up staying at was about a kilometer outside of the city.  Not a long walk by any means.  The city was fun to walk through and visit.  We spent a lot of time in the Gardens around the city and visited the Lizt house and the City Museum.  Other than that it was "which Schiller Straße do I need to be on, and which Goethe (Fill in the Blank) do I want"

Naming aside they really do love Schiller and Goethe there, well who can blame them.  The two greats of German literature lived within walking distance.  We went to the StadtMuseum and I asked about a discount for students, and the women behind the counter reamed me out for asking.  She went on about how the Goethe house is €8,50 and that this museum was a deal already...

After some more walking around we went to the hostel and called it a night after getting some food.  Photos to follow.


































No comments:

Post a Comment